Friday, July 13, 2007

Zoo day


What a perfect day. The weather was perfect & everyone had a great time. Jordan loved it. He liked the dolphins the best. We sat in the front row.
He doesn't look to excited in the picture, but once I put him back in his chair, he could relax & watch. Every time a dolphin would jump up out of the water, he would turn his head & watch it. When they were up on the island in the middle, he would watch them then. I have never seen such good tracking from him.

Some of the far away exhibits were difficult for him to see & find the animals. We did see some where he could find them, usually the bigger animals. The giraffes, he could see & would watch them. At the petting zoo he could see the goats because they swarmed him.
(goats like wheel chairs)

He touched a leopard fur, when the zoo person was near & all the kids were touching the patch of fur, Jordan held his hand out, then he wanted to touch it again.

We went into the butterfly tent, (which no one was excited about but me) and a butterfly landed on Jordan's toe.
There was a family play center, and a kids chat about snakes. Jordan touched a snake. That got his attention. He was awake the whole time except for a few 5 minute naps, we would be walking along & all of a sudden I would see flaying arms & kicking legs. I would stop to check on him to see what was wrong & he would be laughing. He was so excited & happy. I have not seen him like that in a long time. He had the giggles the whole way home.

It was wonderful to see him that happy.
It really made my day.

I will post Justices zoo experience on his page, there is a link to it over to the your left of this page, it says justice michael, just above the archives.

I can not wait to plan our next adventure. To see my kids that happy is all I could ever want.

2 comments:

LJR said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I am glad Jordan had a good time, I think its neat that a butterfly landed on his toe. The pictures are great, he looks so happy.

Lori (Emma's Mom)

Rene said...

The new page looks great! I stopped by after reading your post on tracheostomy.com (TommysMommy)

I will try to stop by often!