Thursday, July 19, 2007

Right by my side & sounds


Since I have been spending a bit more time on this computer, I thought I would share my beautiful view I have as I am typing here. I just have to turn my head a bit to the right & this is what I see. A big smiley boy, trying to get my attention, and usually successful at it.
He is in the recliner part of the couch & when it is reclined down, he is right there, by my side. The computer is just behind the couch.

Jordan has been doing very good this week. We have had no issues or seizures.

He has been wearing his PMV.
And has been more vocal. I love hearing his voice. I have missed it so much this past year. He mostly makes cooing and ahh sounds. I can see him trying to form words with it also. He is practicing very hard. He wore it for 2 hours the other day. Unfortunately it dried up his secretions. (He typically uses his HME which helps keep his airway moist and filtered.) His voice is like music, he gets a charge out of himself. He also can make sounds without the PMV. Many of his nurses say most kids with trachs figure that out.

Tomorrow we have a outing planned. We are going to be meeting up with some other parents and kids with some similar situations as ours. It is a bit far but will be a nice outing. It is at a forest preserve & we will be having a picnic. I will post when we are back & of course bring my camera.

No comments: