Monday, August 27, 2007

1 week no (major) seizures

Jordan has not needed any klonopin or diastat in a week. The 20th was his last dose. He has still been having flinching & twitching episodes but, not as severe or as lengthly as before. It would be nice if he just needed to be at his current topomax dose. I am hoping this is the case and they wont start up again. However, this morning he did have a larger twitching episode. That is how they started up last time we had a topomax increase. It worked for a while then they came back. I suppose it is better if they come back now so we can address them at his appointment on the 5th.

For the last week Jordan has been getting better day by day. He has clearly let me know he wants to go back to school. He has been staying awake in the morning, and has been gradually becoming more alert. Yesterday was his best day by far. His teacher brought over some toys for him & he was activating a switch. He shows preference in toys. The switch was controlling a butterfly that vibrates & plays music. He preferred lightning McQueen, which he had to operate manually. He has always let me know he doesn't like baby toys.

Today, Mindy was holding him up with his feet on the floor and he was supporting his own weight. He would do it for quite a while then collapse his legs, take a break & put his feet down to do it again. He did this several times. He actually was over working himself. He wants to get better. He tries & tries when he is awake & alert & not overrun with meds. I am starting to see his fighting spirit again & will to be a part of life.

I just want the seizures to be managed so this Jordan, that I saw yesterday will be himself. After this mornings episode I am prepared if they come back & knock him down again, but He is defiantly showing me what he wants. I called the special ed director at his school to get him back in school. They just need to find him an aid, and she wanted a doctors note which I will get on Friday, Jordan will be seeing his pediatrician.

The 5th is not only Jordan's follow up with his epilepsy doctor but, also the start of the Sandwich fair. I plan on getting a season pass this year & taking both of the boys.

No comments: