Sunday, August 12, 2007

The little engine that could

Thats my Jordan. He just amazes me. He had another seizure this morning. A pretty big one that was frustrating him & I think scary. It was stronger than the one from yesterday and lasted longer. I gave him Klonopin, a medicine to stop the seizure to use instead of Diastat. It has 3 doses that are given over a day and a half, so it's affects to keep seizures down are longer lasting.
After a long nap (which he usually does after seizures) he woke up and was more happy than he has been. He had a lot to say, so I put his passy valve on & he was trying so hard to talk. He is practicing with his sounds again. After such a rough morning, I am so proud of him. Yesterday after the morning seizure, he was very happy his brother was playing with him. He looks like he is sleeping in the picture, but he is peeking through. Although he gets very sleepy & does not have the strength to physically play, he does still try to interact. Not as much as he used to but he didn't have these issues before either. I think he has a lot to say. I can't wait to hear all about it.

No comments: