Tuesday, August 14, 2007

McDonalds lunch date



Today I got Jordan out of the house & boy was he excited. He was sound asleep in bed and I told him if he wanted to go to McDonalds he had to wake up. He defiantly let me know he wanted to go to mcDonalds. It was quite loud & a very overstimulating environment but, at this point I figured he is going to have seizures no matter what the environment is so why keep him all cooped up. He was so happy. He was laughing & giggling the whole way in the car & ear to ear grinning in there. Above is a picture just before he started getting a bit over excited.

I swear I thought he was trying to hold back the flinching & twitching. His face became very serious and he wouldn't move. He held his breath & didn't relax until I said we aren't leaving relax. His nurse was with us (Mindy) and she saw it too, so I'm not crazy. I don't think he actually held back a seizure, but he was trying to calm himself.

Anyway, he had a great time. When we got home he took a nap & then....... You guessed it. Had to give him some Klonopin but as I see it, every time we have to give him this medicine, after the 3rd dose, he will usually start up again after about 24 hours. So we are not going to blame McDonalds, besides that makes Jordan sad, for some reason he loves going there.


Also included is a picture I snapped the other day when it was super hot, our 2 AC units were not able to keep the house cool & we were all sweating it out. I was cooling him off with a cold washcloth on his head & he was getting his neb. treatments at the same time.

No comments: